HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT
E-waste is an incredibly complex waste stream, as it encompasses a wide range of items and the exact composition of many electronic components are considered to be trade secrets, meaning they are the confidential information of the manufacturer.
Zero Waste Consult strategy is:
- To promote Government awareness strategy to safe and proper disposal of all outdated and defunct electronic equipment in the country;
- to put in place mechanisms to ensure that e-waste is disposed of in a systematic and environmentally friendly manner,
- to liase with education institutions especially tertiary and industrialist in computer manufacturing to provide electronic equipments to students with a take-back-system for the sustainability of the facility and business.
- Separation and sorting computers for recycling and hard-copy devices for recycling
- Separation and sorting TVs for recycling
- Separation and sorting mobile devices for recycling and
- Setting up a safe dismantling unit
- Sale of recycled and refurbished used computers, televisions, radios, tablets, mobile phones, and several used electronic products.